lunes, 20 de febrero de 2012

a piece of art

Hello classmates!

Well, I have to talk about a piece of art that I like, but the problem is: I study history of art, and for that is so difficult choose one piece or one artist, because in the last four years (since I began my career) I have had many favorites artists... (actually, since I was a child I liked several artist). There are many good artist, and there are many different styles in different times. For that, I think is very difficult choose one work in this field (maybe in other field too).
Anyway, after thinking it, I choose one of the first pieces of art that I knew and although it's so typical, I love it until today.

One of my favorite forefronts is the expressionism, especially for the identity crisis and the social critique, and Van Gogh is one of the most important expressionists. I knew Van Gogh because my mom had a picture called “The starry night”, one of the most famous paints in the world. In this moment, this picture became in one of my favorites pictures. In my opinion this paint it`s very especial for the night landscape, for the intense colors (that don´t represent the reality), and because Van Gogh show us his emotions across the landscape… among other things

In general the people think that Van Gogh was a crazy and alcoholic man, but I´m not sure about it. Is true that Van Gogh was an alcoholic and also it´s true that he was an irritable and sensitive person. So, I think that for his great ire and sensibility, the people say that he was a mad man.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario